At WebSec, we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present.
While our systems undergo pentests on a regular basis we are very courious if the community out there can still find security issues within our web applications. So if you are a security researcher / ethical hacker and you discover a vulnerability than we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible and learn to improve our services from your findings.
What we ask you
- Submit your findings through our responsible disclosure page or Encrypt your findings using our PGP Key and e-mail it to us at email@example.com to prevent this critical information from falling into the wrong hands.
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data.
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved.
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties, and do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
- Do not publish your findings without our consent, we would like to be involved in any publication involving our security.
- Respect our Triage Agents, we reserve the right to reject further communication and rewards at all times, specifically when our agents feel threatned / intimidated or uncomfortable. In such cases we can also block the researcher from any further participation in our vulnerability disclosure program.
What you can expect from us
- We will respond to your report within 3 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date,
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report,
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission,
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem (However we might not be able to answer always in time as our schedule can get quite busy),
- For valid repots we will post your name on our website (unless you desire otherwise), and as a token of our gratitude for your assistance, we offer a reward for every valid report of a security problem that was not yet known to us which has a CVSSv3.1 score of 4.0 or higher.
The type of reward depends on the Report Quality, Validity, Impact and Exploitability we will measure which reward is appropriate for your finding. A reward can be of the following type: Hall of Fame listing, Swag Pack, Formal letter of Recognition & Appreciation and in some cases a Financial Reward.
What does classify as a vulnerability
Findings with a clear security impact which we will be happy to accept:
- SQL Injection
- XML External Entity
- Stored / Reflected Cross-Site Scripting
- Server-Side Request Forgery
- Authentication Bypass
- Whitelist Security Bypass
- Improper Access Control
- Information Leakage / Exposure of a non-default page
What doesn't classify as a vulnerability
Reports which we will not accept:
- Intentional Directory Listings
- SPF, DKIM, DMARC, MTA-STS and other informational-low risk mailserver related issues.
- Cookies with missing Secure Flag or HttpOnly attribute.
- Reports about Libraries with known vulnerabilities such as outdated jQuery.
- Reports about improper caching without a valid / proven security impact.
- Improper Configuration or missing security headers
- Non State Changing CSRF
- Captcha bypasses
- Missing Rate limit
Testing Scope & Reward Eligibility
- Domain: https://websec.nl (Eligable)
- Domain: https://badges.websec.nl (Not Eligable)
- Domain: https://admin.websec.nl (Out-of-Scope), (Not Eligable)
- Domain: https://ncp.websec.nl (Out-of-Scope), (Not Eligable)
- Domain: https://test.websec.nl (Out-of-Scope), (Not Eligable)
- Domain: https://dev.websec.nl (Out-of-Scope), (Not Eligable)